1. Some people argue that if we follow some selective hadiths which are consistent with the Quran, what is the problem? The problem is huge and obvious. We are not allowed to follow any hadiths besides the Quran. Allah is our Lord and Master and He commands us not to follow any hadith(any book) besides the Quran. So, we simply have to follow Allah’s commands without hesitation.
[The Quran 45:6] These are ALLAH’s revelations that we recite to you truthfully. In which Hadith other than ALLAH and His revelations do they believe?
[The Quran 68:35] Shall we treat the Muslims like the criminals?
[68:36] What is wrong with your logic?
[68:37] Do you have another book to uphold?
[68:38] In it, do you find anything you want?
[The Quran 77:49] Woe on that day to the rejectors.
[77:50] Which Hadith, other than this, do they uphold?
2. PROPHET MUHAMMAD NEITHER HAD ANY POWER TO ALTER THE QURAN NOR HAD ANY AUTHORITY TO FOLLOW ANYTHING EXCEPT THE HOLY QURAN.
[The Quran 10:15] When our revelations are recited to them, those who do not expect to meet us say, “Bring a Quran other than this, or change it!” Say, “I cannot possibly change it on my own. I simply follow what is revealed to me. I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the retribution of an awesome day.”
3. IF PROPHET MUHAMMAD TAUGHT ANYTHING BUT THE QURAN FOR RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE, ALLAH WOULD HAVE PUNISHED HIM SEVERELY.
[The Quran 69:43] A revelation from the Lord of the universe.
[69:44] Had he uttered any other teachings.
[69:45] We would have punished him.
[69:46] We would have stopped the revelations to him.
[69:47] None of you could have helped him.
4. PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS NOT THE TEACHER OF THE HOLY QURAN AS HADITH FOLLOWERS CLAIM! TEACHER OF THE QURAN IS ALLAH HIMSELF.
[The Quran 55:1] The Most Gracious.
[55:2] Teacher of the Quran.
[55:3] Creator of the human beings.
5. THE QURAN IS NOT A SUMMARY BOOK AS HADITH FOLLOWERS CLAIM! ALLAH ALMIGHTY CLAIMS THAT THE QURAN IS A FULLY DETAILED BOOK.
[The Quran 6:114] Shall I seek other than ALLAH as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt.
[The Quran 6:115] The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.
[The Quran 12:111] In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. This is not fabricated Hadith; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe.
[The Quran 16:89] The day will come when we will raise from every community a witness from among them, and bring you as the witness of these people. We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything, and guidance, and mercy, and good news for the Muslims.
Therefore, to follow hadiths and other books besides the Quran is tantamount to do idol worshipping. And idol worshipping is the unforgivable offense and the worst sin among major sins.
Yes, details of the salat are also given in the Quran. Salats (daily prayers) must be performed as per the details instructions of the Quran. Salaat Prayers By Following Quran Alone
6. QUESTION RAISED AS TO WHY DO MAJORITY OF SO CALLED MUSLIMS THEN FOLLOW HADITHS AND OTHER BOOKS BESIDES THE QURAN? ALLAH ALMIGHTY ANSWERS THE QUESTION. FORTUNATE PEOPLE ARE NOT TOO MANY!
[The Quran 6:116] If you obey the majority of people on earth, they will divert you from the path of ALLAH. They follow only conjecture; they only guess.
Unfortunately majority people who are believers in Allah are also idol worshippers at the same time. So according to the Quran they all will be losers hereafter.
[The Quran 12:106] The majority of those who believe in ALLAH do not do so without committing idol worship.
[39:65] It has been revealed to you, and to those before you that if you ever commit idol worship, all your works will be nullified, and you will be with the losers.
[4:48] ALLAH does not forgive idolatry, but He forgives lesser offenses for whomever He wills. Anyone who sets up idols beside ALLAH, has forged a horrendous offense.
7. THE QURAN IS VERY EASY, CLEAR AND AN UNAMBIGUOUS BOOK FOR OUR COMPLETE GUIDANCE.
[The Quran 2:185] Full moon of the scorching heat during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. ALLAH wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify ALLAH for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.
[54:17] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?
[39:28] An Arabic Quran, without any ambiguity, that they may be righteous.
8. PROPHET MUHAMMAD HAD NO POWER TO CREATE ANY RELIGIOUS LAWS BESIDES ALLAH’S LAWS. HE WAS ORDERED TO RULE HIS PEOPLE AS PER THE QURAN.
[The Quran 5:48] Then we revealed to you this scripture, truthfully, confirming previous scriptures, and superseding them. You shall rule among them in accordance with ALLAH’s revelations, and do not follow their wishes if they differ from the truth that came to you…
[5:49] You shall rule among them in accordance with ALLAH’s revelations to you. Do not follow their wishes, and beware lest they divert you from some of ALLAH’s revelations to you….
9. PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE ANYTHING HALAL OR HARAM.
[The Quran 66:1] O you prophet, why do you prohibit what ALLAH has made lawful for you, just to please your wives? ALLAH is Forgiver, Merciful.
[The Quran 3:31] Proclaim: “If you love ALLAH, you should follow me.” ALLAH will then love you, and forgive your sins. ALLAH is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
[The Quran 3:32] Proclaim: “You shall obey ALLAH and the messenger.” If they turn away, ALLAH does not love the disbelievers.
[24:56] You shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and obey the messenger, that you may attain mercy.
Yes, “obey the messenger” but Quran doesn’t say “obey Muhammad”. Because Message(Quran) + Muhammad = Messenger. Without Allah’s messages messenger cannot exist. So if we follow the Quran, we will obey and follow the messenger.
10. STILL HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE POINT 9? THE QURAN PROVES THAT TO FOLLOW PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS NOT UNCONDITIONAL BECAUSE HE WAS JUST A HUMAN BEING TOO.
[The Quran 60:12] O you prophet, when the believing women (who abandoned the disbelievers) to seek asylum with you pledge to you that they will not set up any idols besides ALLAH, nor steal, nor commit adultery, nor kill their children, nor fabricate any falsehood, nor disobey your righteous orders, you shall accept their pledge, and pray to ALLAH to forgive them. ALLAH is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
11. HADITH FOLLOWERS NEED FAKE HADITHS TO FIND OUT GOOD EXAMPLES OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD! REAL GOOD EXAMPLES OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD ARE MENTIONED IN THE QURAN. OBVIOUSLY WE DON’T NEED TO RIDE ON THE DESERT’S CAMEL IN THIS MODERN ERA OR TO FOLLOW HOW PROPHET MUHAMMAD WENT INTO TOILET! WE MUST SEEK ALLAH, THE LAST DAY, AND CONSTANTLY THINK ABOUT ALLAH. THESE ARE SOME OF THE GOOD EXAMPLES OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD, WE MUST FOLLOW.
[The Quran 33:21] The messenger of ALLAH has set up a good example for those among you who seek ALLAH and the Last Day, and constantly think about ALLAH.
12. ALLAH REMINDS US, BEFORE THE QURAN REVEALED, HE SENT OTHER SCRIPTURES LIKE TORAH, GOSPEL ETC. FOR GUIDANCE OF MANKIND. BUT ALLAH NEVER SAYS BESIDES TORAH, HADITHS OF MOSES OR BESIDES GOSPEL, HADITHS OF JESUS WAS TOO GUIDANCE FOR MANKIND. THIS AGAIN CONFIRMS THAT BESIDES QURAN, HADITH CANNOT BE TAKEN AS RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE. USING TORAH ALONE JEWS PROPHETS RULED THEIR PEOPLE.
[The Quran 5:43] Why do they ask you to judge among them, when they have the Torah, containing ALLAH’s law, and they chose to disregard it? They are not believers.
[5:44] We have sent down the Torah, containing guidance and light. Ruling in accordance with it were the Jewish prophets, as well as the rabbis and the priests, as dictated to them in ALLAH’s scripture, and as witnessed by them. Therefore, do not reverence human beings; you shall reverence Me instead. And do not trade away My revelations for a cheap price. Those who do not rule in accordance with ALLAH’s revelations are the disbelievers.
Allah says, those who do not rule in accordance with ALLAH’s revelations are the disbelievers. So, are those hadiths followers Muslims?! I am not issuing any fatwas here anyway.
13. SOME STAUNCH HADITH FOLLOWERS MIGHT ARGUE THAT POINT 12 IS NOT VALID AFTER THE QURAN REVELATIONS. NOW PEOPLE NEED HADITHS BESIDES THE QURAN AS RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE. BUT ALLAH SAYS, HIS SYSTEM NEVER CHANGES. THEREFORE, HOLY QURAN IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE FOR THE FOLLOWERS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD.
[The Quran 33:62] This is ALLAH’s eternal system, and you will find that ALLAH’s system is unchangeable.
[The Quran 35:43] They resorted to arrogance on earth, and evil scheming, and the evil schemes only backfire on those who scheme them. Should they then expect anything but the fate of those who did the same things in the past? You will find that ALLAH’s system is never changeable; you will find that ALLAH’s system is immutable.
14. THE QURAN IS A SIMILAR TYPE OF BOOK WHICH BOOK WAS REVEALED TO PROPHET MOSES. ALLAH CLEARLY REMAINED MOSES AND HIS PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE TO UPHOLD THAT BOOK AND NOTHING ELSE. DO HADITH FOLLOWERS TAKE ANY LESSON FROM THIS?
[The holy Quran 7:144-145] He said, “O Moses, I have chosen you, out of all the people, with My messages and by speaking to you. Therefore, take what I have given you and be appreciative.” We wrote for him on the tablets all kinds of enlightenments and details of everything: “You shall uphold these teachings strongly, and exhort your people to uphold them – these are the best teachings. I will point out for you the fate of the wicked.”
15. [15:9] ABSOLUTELY, WE HAVE REVEALED THE REMINDER, AND, ABSOLUTELY, WE WILL PRESERVE IT.
[85:21] Indeed, it is a glorious Quran.
[85:22] In a preserved master tablet.
Allah promises that the Quran will be preserved. Allah never promised that hadiths or fiqa will be preserved too. So, the glorious Quran -the error free Book- alone can be the source of religious guidance.
16. PROPHET MUHAMMAD DID NOT EXPLAIN THE QURAN AS HADITH FOLLOWERS CLAIM. THE QURAN IS A DETAILED AND EXPLAINED BOOK. IN FACT, PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS FORBIDDEN FROM EXPLAINING THE QURAN.
[The Quran 75:16] Do not move your tongue to hasten it.
[75:17] It is we who will collect it into Quran.
[75:18] Once we recite it, you shall follow such a Quran.
[75:19] Then it is we who will explain it.
17. IT IS ANOTHER UNDENIABLE FACT THAT PROPHET MUHAMMAD PREACHED NOTHING BUT THE QURAN. AND WE ALSO NEED TO DO THE SAME.
[The Quran 6:19] Say, “Whose testimony is the greatest?” Say, “ALLAH’s. He is the witness between me and you that this Quran has been inspired to me, to preach it to you and whomever it reaches. Indeed, you bear witness that there are other Allahs beside ALLAH.” Say, “I do not testify as you do; there is only one Allah, and I disown your idolatry.”
18. WE DON’T NEED ANY HADITH TO PROVE THAT HADITH IS FORBIDDEN BESIDES THE QURAN AS RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE, AS THE QURAN CONFIRMS THE POINT BEYOND ANY DOUBT. JUST DUE TO HISTORICAL REASONS IT SHOULD BE MENTIONED THAT PROPHET MUHAMMAD HIMSELF ORDERED HIS FOLLOWERS NOT TO WRITE ANYTHING EXCEPT THE QURAN.
“Do not write down anything from me except the Quran. Whoever writes other than that should delete it” (Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, Vol. 1, page 171 also Sahih Muslim, Book 42, Number 7147).
Some hadith followers argue that prophet’s above mentioned order during Quran revelation times was due to make sure that Quran and hadith would not mix up. But this argument has no ground. If that was the case, why hadith written was still forbidden during Mu’awiyah’s reign? It is a historical fact that the holy Quran was compiled and distributed as a Book form much earlier, during Utman reign. So, the below hadith proves that forbidden of hadith writing was a permanent order by prophet Muhammad.
Al-Muttalib ibn Abdullah ibn Hantab said: Zayd ibn Thabit entered upon Mu’awiyah and asked him about a tradition. He ordered a man to write it. Zayd said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) ordered us not to write any of his hadith. So he erased it (Abu Dawud: Book 25, Number 3640).
19. ALLAH’S REVELATIONS CAN NOT BE INCONSISTENT.
[The Quran 4:82] Why do they not study the Quran carefully? If it were from other than ALLAH, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.
On the other hand, hadiths are man-made innovation with full of inconsistency! You will find so many inconsistencies in so-called authentic hadiths! For example, it is claimed that prophet Muhammad issued the following contradictory statements during his last Hajj witnessed by thousands of his followers!!
1) I leave with you Quran and Sunnah, Muwatta, 46/3
2) I leave with you Quran and Ahl al-bayt , Muslim 44/4, Nu2408; ibn hanbal 4/366; darimi 23/1, nu 3319.
3) I leave for you the Quran alone you shall uphold it. Muslim 15/19, ibn Majah 25/84, Abu dawud 11/56.
20. SOME HADITH FOLLOWERS ARGUE AND JUSTIFY THEIR HADITH FOLLOWING BY CITING THE FOLLOWING FAKE HADITH.
I have indeed been given the Quran and something similar to it besides it. Yet, the time will come when a man leaning on his couch will say, Follow the Quran only; what you find in it as halal, take it as halal; and what you find in it as haram, take it as haram. But truly, what the Messenger of Allah has forbidden is like what Allah has forbidden [Sunan Abu Dawud and Darimi].
I want to ask those hadith followers a simple question. How do you know that prophet Muhammad issued that statement? Who will confirm you that prophet Muhammad said so? We, Quran alone followers, believe that in the name of prophet Muhammad, some enemies of Islam fabricated these words and attributed to the prophet to destroy the main foundation of Islam. We believe so because so many Quranic verses confirm that a Muslim is not allowed to follow anything besides the holy Quran as a source of religious law. Therefore, Prophet Muhammad had no right to say so. In other words, prophet Muhammad never said so.
[The Quran 69.43] It is a revelation from the Lord of the Universe.
[69:44] Had he uttered any other teachings.
[69.45] We would certainly have seized him by the right hand,
[69.46] Then We would certainly have cut off his aorta.
[69.47] And not one of you could have withheld Us from him.
21. [THE QURAN 53:2] YOUR FRIEND (MUHAMMAD) WAS NOT ASTRAY, NOR WAS HE DECEIVED.
[53:3] Nor was he speaking out of a personal desire.
[53:4] It was divine inspiration.
Many hadith followers take above verses totally out of context and claim, whatever prophet Muhammad said was divine inspiration. Obviously that is not the case. Except the utterance of the Quran, prophet’s other utterings were just the utterance of a human being. Do hadith followers ponder their following hadith?!
Musa b. Talha reported: I and Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) happened to pass by people near the date-palm trees. He (the holy prophet) said: what are these people doing? They said: they are grafting, i. e. they combine the male with the female (tree) and thus they yield more fruit. Thereupon Allah’s messenger said: I do not find it to be of any use. The people were informed about it and they abandoned this practice. Allah’s Messenger (was later) on informed (that the yield had dwindled), whereupon he said: if there is any use of it, then they should do it, for it was just a personal opinion of mine, and do not go after my personal opinion; but when I say to you anything on behalf of Allah, then do accept it, for I do not attribute lie to Allah, the Exalted and Glorious (Sahih Muslim, Book 030, Number 5830).
22. LET US NOT MAKE PROPHET MUHAMMAD AN IDOL BY ELEVATING HIM AS A RELIGIOUS LAW GIVER BESIDES ALLAH ALMIGHTY. PROPHET MUHAMMAD WAS NOT AN IDOL BUT HE WAS A HUMAN BEING, THE LAST PROPHET AND A MESSENGER OF ALLAH.
[The Quran 3:79] Never would a human being whom ALLAH blessed with the scripture and prophethood say to the people, “Idolize me beside ALLAH.” Instead, (he would say), “Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone,” according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn.