The pathetic and disastrous condition of the Muslim Ummah throughout the world is due to the abandoning of the Qur’an by the Muslims. The attitude of indifference that we constantly show towards the last of the Allah’s Revelations, along with our hypocritical lip-service, is same as ridiculing it. Instead, we must clearly understand our responsibilities towards the Qur’an and try our very best in fulfilling them. We can neither expect any improvement in our worldly affairs nor hope for salvation in the Hereafter, unless we carry out all the obligations that we owe to the Qur’an.
The Qur’an makes four demands from every Muslim, which are as follows:
1. A Muslim is required to believe in the Qur’an,
2. A Muslim is required to understand it,
3. A Muslim is required to act upon its teachings,
4. A Muslim is required to convey its teachings to others.
Therefore We Must
1. Use faculty of reasoning and intellect. (67:10, 7:179, 25:44).
2. Not follow blindly. (17:36, 26:74; 31:21, 2:170).
3. Not follow the majority. (6:116, 5:49, 12:106).
4. Not divided into sects (30:32, 6:159)