Allahu Akbar is a comparative name invented from the man made hadiths to devalue the name of Al-Kabir (The Great) which Allah gave to Himself in the Quran.
Those who don’t follow the Quran, assign such invented names to Allah. According to the Quran these people are Polytheists/Mushrikeen 6:106.
6:106 Follow that which is revealed to you from your Lord, there is no god but He; and turn away from the Polytheists/Mushrikeen.
There is No such name as Allahu Akbar was revealed in the Quran. To use Allahu Akbar Allah is Greater, is to negate the name of Al-Kabir (The Great) which Allah gave to Himself in the Quran.
ALLAH IS GREATER THAN WHAT ?
In the Quran Allah states that
42:11 There is nothing like unto Him.
112:4 And none is like Him.
With this in mind then, to assign a comparative name such as Allahu Akbar to Him is to be in opposition to His Command.
AKBAR IS COMPARATIVE FORM
Akbar is the comparative (the—“er”, in English) form of the word kabara which means great, big, huge.
The sequence is kabara/great;
Both Akbar and Al-Akbar are comparative terms.
Al-Akbar: The Greatest, The superlative form.
Allah refers to Himself as Al-Kabir/The Great. Al-Kabir is a descriptive name for Allah meaning The Great.
ALLAH HAS NOT GIVEN ANY AUTHORITY FOR MAN MADE NAMES
12:40 “What you serve besides Him are nothing except names which you have created, both you and your fathers, ALLAH HAS NOT SENT DOWN ANY AUTHORITY FOR SUCH. The judgment is for none except Allah. He has ordered that none be served except He. That is the true system, but most of the people do not know.”
7:71 He (Prophet Hud) said: “A tainting and wrath shall befall you from your Lord. Do you argue with me over names which you and your fathers have created WITH NO AUTHORITY BEING SENT DOWN BY ALLAH? Wait then, and I will wait with you.”
WE ARE PROHIBITED BY ALLAH TO SAY ABOUT ALLAH WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW
7:33 Say: “My Lord has made unlawful immorality; what is public of it and private; and sin, and aggression without cause, and that you set up partners with Allah that which He has never authorized, and THAT YOU SAY ABOUT ALLAH WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW.”
Given the above, it should be quite clear that the Last Prophet could not have participated in any ritual prayer because Allahu Akbar is mentioned throughout the Raka/Prayer. The Last Prophet followed only what was revealed to him which was the Quran Alone.
ALLAH HAS THE BEAUTIFUL NAMES (ASMA UL HUSNA)
17:110 Say: “Call on Allah or call on Rahman; by whichever you call on, to Him are the most beautiful names (Asma ul Husna).” And do not be too loud in making your Salat, nor too quiet; but seek a path in between.
20:8 Allah, there is no god except He, to Him are the beautiful names (Asma ul Husna).
59:24 He is Allah; the Creator, the Initiator, the Designer. To Him belong the beautiful names (Asma ul Husna). Glorifying Him is everything in the heavens and the earth. He is the Noble, the Wise.
7:180 And to Allah belong the beautiful names (Asma ul Husna), so call Him by them; and leave alone those who deviate His names . They will be punished for what they used to do.
THE MAN MADE INVENTED NAME OF ALLAHU AKBAR CAME FROM THE MAN MADE HADITHS
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 23 hadith(s) in Bukhari.
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 4 hadith(s) in Muslim
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 5 hadith(s) in Sunan Trimidhi
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 35 hadith(s) in Ibn Majah
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 5 hadith(s) in Malik’s Muwatta.
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 12 hadith(s) in Sunan an Nasai.
The words “Allahu Akbar” appear in 2 hadith(s) in Sunan Abu-Dawud.
IN THE QURAN ZERO (0).
It is clear from the Quran that man made name of Allahu Akbar is not mentioned in the Quran. Therefore people who utter and use this invented name commit Shirk and Blasphemy against Allah.
SHIRK MEANS To Raise the Status of anybody/anything from the Creation to the Status of Allah OR To Lower the Status of Allah to anybody/anything in the Creation.
So When you say Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greater) you are comparing his attribute with other gods which don’t exist. Therefore you are lowering status of Allah which is SHIRK.
BLASPHEMY means impious utterance or action concerning God or sacred things.
So When you say Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greater) you are uttering blasphemy against Allah by attributing a Name which does not exist in the Quran and not authorized by him.
THERE IS NO SUCH NAME AS ALLAHU AKBAR EXISTS IN ASMA UL HUSNA
ALLAH God Ta Ha v 14
2. AL-‘AZIZ The Mighty One Hashr v 23
3. AL-‘ALIM The All-Knowing Al-Baqarah v 115
4. AL-‘AZIM The Great One Al-Baqarah v 255
5. AL-‘ALIYY The Sublime Shura v 12
6. AL-AHAD The One Ikhlas v 1
7. AL-AWWAL The First Hadid v 3
8. AL-AKHIR The Last Hadid v 3
9. AL-‘AFUW The Pardoner Nisa v 149
10. AL-AKRAM The Bounteous ‘Alq v 3
11. AL-A’LA The High A’la v 7
12. AL-‘ALLAM The Omniscient Ma’ida v 112
13. AL-BARI’ The Maker Hashr v 24
14. AL-BASIR The All-Seeing One Al-‘Imran v 15
15. AL-BATIN The Hidden Hadid v 3
16. AL-BARR The Source of All Goodness Tur v 28
17. AL-BADI’ The Originator Al-Baqarah v 117
18. AL-BA’ITH The Awakener Hajj v 7
19. AL-BAQI The Everlasting One Rahman v 27
20. AL-FATTAH The Judge Al-Saba v 26
21. AL-FATIR The Creator Shura v 11
22. AL-GHAFFAR The Great Forgiver Nuh v 10
23. AL-GHAFUR The All-Forgiving Mala’ikah v 28
24. AL-GHANI The Self-Sufficient Mala’ikah v 15
25. AL-GHAFIR The Forgiver Mu’min v 3
26. GHALIB The Predominant Yusuf v 21
27. AL-HALIM The Clement Banu Isra’il v 44
28. AL-HAFIIZ The Preserver Hud v 57
29. AL-HASIB The Reckoner Nisa v 6
30. AL-HAKIM The Wise Al-Baqarah v 129
31. AL-HAQQ The Truth Hajj v 6
32. AL-HAMEED The Praiseworthy Hajj v 64
33. AL-HAYY The Alive Al-Imran v 2
34. AL-HADI The Guide Furqan v 31
35. AL-HAAFIZ The Protector Yusuf v 64
36. AL-HAFIYY The Gracious Maryam v 47
37. AL-ILAH God Ambiya v 108
38. AL-JABBAR The Compeller Hashr v 23
39. AL-JAME’ The Gatherer Al-Imran v 9
40. AL-JALEEL The Glorious Rahman v 78
41. AL-KHALIQ The Creator Hashr v 24
42. AL-KHABIR The Aware Al-Saba’ v 1
43. AL-KABIR The Great Al-Saba’ v 23
44. AL-KAFIL The Surety Nahl v 91
45. AL-KHALLAQ The Creator Hijr v 86
46. AL-KAFI The Sufficient One Zumar v 36
47. AL-LATIF The Subtle One Al-An’am v 104
48. AL-MALIK The Sovereign Ta Ha v 114
49. AL-MU’MIN The Giver of Peace Hashr v 23
50. AL-MUHAIMIN The Protector Hashr v 23
AL-MUTAKABBIR The Majestic Hashr v 23
AL-MUSAWWIR The Fashioner Hashr v 24
AL-MUQIT The Maintainer, The Protector, The Guardian, The Feeder, The Sustainer Nisa v 85
AL-MUJIB The Responsive Hud v 61
AL-MAJID The Glorious One Hud v 73
AL-MATIN The Firm One Zariyat v 58
AL-MUQTADIR The Powerful Qamar v 42
AL-MUTA’ALI The Exalted Ra’d v 11
AL-MUBIN The Manifest Nur v 25
AL-MAULA The Patron Anfal v 40
AL-MALIIK The King, The Sovereign Qamar v 55
AL-MUHIT All-Pervading Fussliat v 54
AL-MUSTA’AN One Who is called upon for help Ambiya v 112
AL-MANNAN The Gracious Al-Imran v 164
AL-MUHYI The Giver of Life Rum v 50
AL-MUMIT The Giver of Death A’raf v 28
AN-NUR The Light Nur v 35
AL-NASIR The Helper Nisa v 45
AL-QUDDUS The Holy Hashr v 23
AL-QAHHAR The Dominant Ra’d v 16
AL-QARIB The Nigh Hud v 61
AL-QAWI The Strong Hajj v 74
AL-QAYYUM The Self-Subsisting Al-Imran v 2
AL-QAADIR The Able An’am v 65
AL-QADIIR The Mighty Nahl v 70
AL-QAHIR The Omnipotent An’am v 18
AR-RAHMAN The Compassionate Al-Baqarah v 163
AR-RAHIM The Merciful Fatiha v 1-2
AR-RAZZAQ The Provider Zariyat v 58
AR-RAQEEB The Watchful, The Observer Nisa v 7
AR-RA’UF The Compassionate Nur v 20
AR-RABB The Sustainer Al-Imran v 51
AR-RAFI’ The Sublime Mu’min v 15
AS-SALAM The Author of Safety, THe Provider of Peace Hashr v 23
AS-SAMI’ The All-Hearing Al-Imran v 38
ASH-SHAKUR The Appreciative Mala’ikah v 34
ASH-SHAHID The Witness Nisa v 79
AS-SAMAD The Eternal Ikhlas v 2
ASH-SHAAKIR The Appreciative Al-Baqarah v 158
AT-TAWWAB The Acceptor of Repentance Mu’min v 3
AL-WAHHAB The Bestower Al-Imran v 18
AL-WASI The All-Embracing Al-Baqarah v 247
AL-WADUD The Loving Hud v 90
AL-WAKIL The Trustee Nisa v 81
AL-WALI The Protecting Friend Al-Baqarah v 257
AL-WAAHID The One Mu’min v 16
AL-WAALI The Governor Ra’d v 11
AL-WAARITH The Inheritor Hijr v 23
AZ-ZAHIR The Manifest Hadid v 3